Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Day Before

Stephanie suggested I take up my blog from where I left it off on my last trip, which was to the United Kingdom, hiking parts of the Coast to Coast trail.  As I remember it, the wireless connections were so sketchy everywhere we went that it was hard to stay up to date with the blog.  I'm not sure that this trip will be any better.

We'll be arriving in Nice on Tuesday evening after a long flight with one change in Frankfurt.  We're staying at the Hotel Negresco, a glamorous hotel on the waterfront, filled with exotic, even garish, art and lots of color and spectacle.  Larry and I stayed there three years ago for one night.  I'm expecting to enjoy it, though.  Sometimes I like shameless excess.

We'll have a day on our own before meeting with the Stanford group Wednesday late afternoon.  We'll spend a second day at the Negresco, and then board the Ponant to begin our Mediterranean Cruise.  I want to make sure I can upload photos on my blog.  Let's give it a try.


Here is Larry trying to help me figure out how to publish a blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment