Sunday, May 10, 2015

Attempt to Post Blog

I wrote a bunch of stuff a couple of days ago, but it seems to have disappeared into cyberspace.  I thnk the wifi connection on the Gulet is limited and touchy.

The boat is really elegant, and Larry and I have the best cabin on the boat.  I don't quite know how we wrangled that.  But right now we are sailing away from thunder and lightning, and the boat is rocking.  Scopalamine for me is doing its job.

We saw Ephesus a couple of days ago.  Not too crowded, not too hot, it's an enormous site, a whole ancient city in ruins.  The day before we went to the museum in Izmir (Smyrna that was) and saw many of the statues that had been in Ephesus, including two astonishing statues of Artemis decorated with multiple breasts, eggs?  Some kind of fertility symbols.  Ephesus is interesting for women, because over the millenia it's been associated with Cybele, the earth mother, Artemis, and even the Virgin Mary.  

I've got more pictures which I should post, but I don't want to go downstairs to retrieve my iphone (with all my pictures) because the boat is too rocky!  So, later...

No comments:

Post a Comment